I was tagged by Bev. And I’m tagging: Suzanne, Meg and Andreas!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Giftbags. My hands haven’t worked to wrap in years.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. Always looks perfect – well, better than the cut trees by the time Jan 7 arrives, anyway!
3. When do you put up the tree?
Around St. Nicholas Day (Dec 6 / 19)
4. When do you take the tree down?
Around Theophany (Jan 5 / 18); at least before Forgiveness Sunday…
5. Do you like egg nog?
Yup. Made with lots of whiskey, with egg whites whipped separately from the whipped egg yolks and extra-heavy whipping cream whipped high!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A wonderful doll house
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes… an old, antique one that is beautiful!
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My Ol’ Curmudgeon!
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Grandchildren – I just give them money! LOL!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
E-Mail! Can’t write that much, and I never could remember to mail them out! One year I discovered the unmailed cards in June . . .
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received.
A horrible orange sweater handknit and imperfectly blocked by an aged great-great aunt.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
It’s not really a “Christmas Movie,” it is a TV Mini-series: Jesus of Nazareth
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Of course! I thing it’s a wonderful compliment both to the person who gave it and the person newly receiving it!
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Colored – as many as possible!
16. Favorite Christmas songs?
Today the Virgin; Walking in the Air; Coventry Carol; Ding-Dong Merrily on High; and about 50 more!
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Go to Church!! Now, how can I go to Church if I’m traveling??
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?
Of course!! And I can recite the entire “Visit from Santa Claus,” too!
19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas afternoon – after Church
20. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
21. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Red and gold and green and blue and purple and silver and . . .
22. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Turkey and dressing!! OR Ham OR Beef Wellington OR Pork Loin Or . . .
23. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Sponsors for my service dog organization!!
24. Who is most likely to respond to this?
I don’t know!
25. Who is least likely to respond to this?
Ok – TAG! Suzanne, Meg and Andrea! You are IT!